Unresolved Items when Synchronizing

Thread: Unresolved Items when Synchronizing

Unresolved Items when Synchronizing

Lately, when i sync my e740 to my laptop (ActiveSyn 3.5), i have been getting "Unresolved Items" for my Notes and Files.

If i click resolve for Notes , this comes out:

Cannot synchronize 'Template\Meeting Notes' with the Device. It may be in use or you may not have enough device memory.

Since there are 4 unresolved items on Notes, the other three are for: Templates\To Do, Templates\Phone Memo, Templates\Memo.

The error message for File:

Synchoronization cannot be completed because a file cannot be synchronized with your mobile device. Close all your programs on your mobile device and this computer, and synchronize again.

Has anyone come accross the same problems? Please let me know. Thanks.

I have had a similar problem with the Outlook inbox. What happens is that if you change an item on both the computer and the pocket pc, and then try to synchronise, ActiveSync doesn't know which modified item you want too keep (i.e. it doesn't know whether to replace the item on the Pocket PC with the one on the computer, or vice versa).

If you click on the 'options' button on the ActiveSync window (on computer), and go to the 'Rules' tab, you can select either to leave the item unresolved, to always replace the item on the pocket pc, or to always replace the item on the computer. It would be useful if you could select different rules for different items (i.e. for notes, always replace items on computer, whereas for inbox, always replace items on device), but unfortunately I don't think this is possible. This is why I choose to leave the item unresolved, because it's hard to keep track of what you are changing on which device.

Eventually when I delete some messages from the inbox on my computer, the items resolve. I don't actually understand why inbox messages become unresolvable in the first place, I mean, how can you edit messages in the inbox?? (unless forwarding, replying, or downloading attachments to the pocket pc is considered editing??).
    Last edited by dawsman; 03-20-2003 at 11:43 PM.

Tried but it didn't work?

Hi, i tried like what you said but it didn't work? Tried all three settings but the items remained unresolved.

The only thing I can suggest you do is:

1. Make a backup (to a separate directory on your computer) of the items you are having problems with, then

2. Delete the problem items from both your pocket pc and your computer, and finally

3. Replace the backed up files to either you computer or your pocket pc (not both!) and perform a sync.

Resolved

Hey all, thanks for all the inputs. I resolved the problem by deleting the Template folders on my PPC. Turned out there were some READ only files inside which could not be overwritten when sync'ing from my laptop to my ppc. Works great now. Once again, thanks.

Notes Unresolved

I copied all my notes into a temporary folder and deleted them from Outloook 2003 and synced my Pro. I then disconnected my Pro and copied all the notes bac and connected my Pro and it did sync my notes.

Wish I would have seen that suggestion last night.

The same thing happened to me, light, but i was stuck at disconnecting step. My lap after that won't copy anything. I restarted it and now it's fine. So much time wasted on that.