BlackBerry Shortcuts and Tricks - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BlackBerry Shortcuts and Tricks

I didn't see anyone mention the alt-esc to scroll between apps - similar to alt-tab in Windows.

RBRO

I was looking for the RBRO write-up in the "New Users - Please Read This" sticky thread. I did not see it...Has it moved???
    Thanks
    Ralph54

You are correct - my mistake. Here is the link for RBRO:

http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/show...highlight=rbro

It was suggested by a senior member that I add this:

Instead of having your one auto sig set up for you, try this for multiple sigs:

1. Delete your existing auto sig.

2.make an autotext entry where:

when I type: zz (or any irregular 2 letter combo like zx)

replace it with:

Your Name
    Your Company
    Your phone extension etc.

autotext entries can really hold a lot. give it a try..I have zz as my "professional" signature and xc as my "casual" sign off.

once you get used to it, you don't even notice that you're entering 2 extra letters @ the end of a message

Is there any shortcut for typing a comma? Also, on an unrelated note, does anyone else who uses the BB as a phone agree that the phone numbers should be on the right side of the keyboard instead of the left?

Originally posted by Rmskor
    Is there any shortcut for typing a comma?
    On the 7510, it takes 2 strokes to type a comma. (Alt,N)

Other "shortcuts," such as AutoText would end up being at least 2 strokes, so I don't think you'll find any shorter/quicker way of typing a comma.

I'm using auto-text to store sales agreements that I use on a regular basis. I type "ref" and up pops a contract. Using scroll, I fill in pertinent information, like name, address, etc, and either email to clients for signature or fax using Protus IP faxing application. Clients then fax contracts back to my BB using a Protus-supplied fax #, which shows up as an email message with attachment (the fax), that I can forward to my head office via email or fax.

Cool?

smay, I like that set up.

Do you have a link for the Protus IP faxing application? How much does that run?

I'd like to include that in my list of resources for the 7510. It could be handy for other business people with Blackberrys.

Tim
    Blackberry 7510 Tips and Secrets
    www.SmallBusinessWebsite.com/blackberrydvd.html

Re: Here is my edit of what you linked to for the 7230

[QUOTE]Originally posted by qubit
    [B]Modified by qubit for 7230:

I combined your list with some from PDA Prophet, others from the BBUsers egroup mail list, and a few of my own:

In the Message List
    -------------------
    (Some of these work in tasks, memos, and appointments also)

Sorting:
    1) ALT-i: show only incoming mail

2) ALT-o: show only outgoing mail (messages you have sent - i.e. checkmark icon)

3) ALT-p: show phone log messages

4) ALT-s: show SMS messages

>>>>>>>7510 users can hit "ALT+D" to pull up a direct connect log in the message list.

Side tip that I use is, phone icon>>options>>call logging

Turn that junk OFF. If you're like me, and get 150-200 emails A DAY, you don't want to "see" the call logs in your message icon.

The BB still logs the calls, just doesn't SHOW them. You can then use the short cuts above to find the info you're looking for!!!

Also (TIP 2): if you delete your out going messages one at a time, and have wireless recon on your email (BES), you've probably noticed that the wireless recon is doing it's job......... that is, deleting your sent items (move from sent folder to deleted items).

Personally, I "save" all my sent items, so this little quirck was a tough nut to crack. If you sort your outgoing messages (ATL+o), then do a "Delete Prior", this removes the message tokens for wireless recon from the handset, and the emails are moved into your deleted items folder... (why have "save message sent from handheld" in your Redirector Settings, when you've been deleting them any way, huh?)

hope it helps.
    Smell The Cheese Often, So You Know When It's Getting Old.

- "Haw"

from "Who Moved My Cheese?"

7510 quick tips

How to include Direct Connect ID, Phone # or PIN in a email message.

Type mydcid and the spacebar to insert your DIRECT CONNECT number in an email. You can also do this with "mynumber" and "myPIN"

ON any C++ model (such as 957), use Alt (Orange) key plus "DBON" to display battery and signal strength as numbers. Alt+DBOFF returns to bars.

On Java-based units, both values are available in Options, Status.

Steve

Re: Force 957 to switch towers

Originally posted by SteveBB
    On a 957...
    Yes that tip is part of the original tip post:

BB ShortCuts

There are others tips there that were edited out by qubit for his 7230 post. Since the original tip post was created for the C++ models, if you still have one of those models than I suggest you view the original post. I am making another tip sheet now.

scOOby, while some of these are in the manual, many are not so even the non-lazy folks can usually find something useful.

Gerald W. Gaston

Attachments on a 7510

I'm using exchange redirector...NO BES. I've been able to open Word and Excel and the text portion of PowerPoint documents using the following method. I receive the redirected e-mail normally on the BB7510 (Nextel). I then forward the message to myself at my webclient address. When it shows up again on my BB, I can open the attachments. Getting pretty close to full functionality with no BES.

Re: Attachments on a 7510

Originally posted by tmd
    I'm using exchange redirector...NO BES. I've been able to open Word and Excel and the text portion of PowerPoint documents using the following method. I receive the redirected e-mail normally on the BB7510 (Nextel). I then forward the message to myself at my webclient address. When it shows up again on my BB, I can open the attachments. Getting pretty close to full functionality with no BES.
    Nextel is one of the few providers to offer MDG (public MDS, which is a TCP/IP stack equivalent). Wouldn't this explain your success?

This is explained in detail in a very informative thread by Mark Rejhon on Hofo at http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=362762.

Last edited by MaxFletcher; 07-14-2004 at 10:13 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast