garmin repair in Canada?

Thread: garmin repair in Canada?

Angry garmin repair in Canada?

Well

I looked at my unit this morning and noticed that the SMALL pin within the hole, that one uses to charge the unit either with the car charger or the travel charger, is BROKEN

So my questiuon to one here. Has anyone had to service the unit while in Canada, and what is the procedure

1) send to the US Iwhich ends up costing addtional shipping AND GST when it comes back

2) Is there a canada site for repairs?

While I LOVE the unit... i don't want to spend even more money on getting it repaired under warrenty

thanks in advance

The broken power pin is a fairly common problem. It seems that Garmin used a poorly designed (or manufactured) part there.

Where did yo purchase your product? If it was at an authorised Garmin dealer, they should be able to answer your question.

Failing that, have you called Garmin to find out what the procedure entails?

coop

Always check the relevant web site for answers before posting questions. Here the answer from Garmin's web site at

http://www.garmin.com/support/faqs/faq.jsp?faq=105

Q. How may I obtain warranty service in Canada?
    A. Garmin currently has two authorized repair facilities in Canada for warranty/repair of any GPS unit. There are several advantages in utilizing these facilities if you live in Canada, including lower shipping costs, no customs or duty fees, no brokerage fees, faster turnaround, and no international paperwork to slow the process. NaviClub Ltd.: 5054, St-Georges Ltd. Levis, QC G6V 4P2 naviclub@naviclub.com 418-835-9279 - phone 418-835-6681 - fax 1-888-628-4258 - toll free phone Raytech Electronique 1451 Boul des Laurentides Laval, QC H7M 2Y3 raytech@raytech.qc.ca 450-975-1015 - phone 450-975-6627 - phone 450-975-0817 - fax

thanks for the information. thius being sat. I did not think of going to the web site to check if there is a serivce cneter in canada.

question is n=how, do I have to contact garmin first, to get authorization?

guess i will find out

a side question

has anyone here used either service center (raytech or naviclub) and what were you experiences

return times, issues etc.

thanks in advance