Vadem Clio users still around ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Vadem Clio users still around ?

Quote Originally Posted by HHuey21687
    wow dats not a real bad deal does it comes with coin cell battery i think dat will be the main battery right #2230 or i could get it anywhere. oh i yeah last night i saw where the coin batter is at now how do i remove that battery do i have to take it too the computer store and have them change it. there is no room to take it off and i guess there's a speaker on the back also don't want to damage it though. thanx.
    I've never opened up a Clio to look at the coin battery. The main battery is the 8" tube with the yellow label that says "Rotate to remove." As for the backup battery, it could be held in by a clip, but in some older PC boards batteries were actually hard-wired; if you've seen it you know more than I do. I wouldn't try myself.

Have you tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by Steno1
    i picked up a d-link dcf-650w wireless compact flash card. but it won't go in unless i take and leave battery out. what do i do
    steno1
    did you solve this? You could use a PC card adapter for the the compact flash card and stick it in the PC card slot on the right side of the Clio.

I've got 1 (a Kingston) that I've got no use for (also an 802.11B SMC EZ Connect wireless card and 8MD and 64 MB CF cards). I'll send it too you (the adapter) if you can't find one. With this storage format becoming less and less popular, you might not find one.

i was wondering has anybody out there has open the back of a vadem clio c-1000 model to change the coin cell battery yet. its getting frustrating right now so i can do this myself if any body done it before thanx scottom for your help. dang.

I am justing putting this reply out there in case someone has a battery for a sharp mobilon tripad PV-6000 (almost the same as clio). Are the batteries the same? How would you change it? Any help would be appriciated.

Another Thought....

Has anyone tried to install linux as an operating system on a clio/thinkpad? I heard they developed a system to replace windows ce, but I couldn't find much more.

Quote Originally Posted by bbain
    I've been fooling around with a Tripad I got off eBay and it really is a pretty sweet machine. I was able to get it to sync right up with ActiveSync 3.7.1 and I can even dial in with my work laptop while the Tripad's connected to it and ActiveSync keeps it all synchronized. Calligrapher 6.5.1 is a pretty sweet program too!

I am hoever, having PCMCIA problems as well. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to keep the Tripad sync'ed up wirelessly when I'm in the office. the Linksys card I'm using seems to work sometimes in associating with the access point, but other times, I have to use a soft reset to get it to come on. Even then, I can't seem to make the tripad connect to the network. The configuration utility reports the association with the access point, but I can't ping the other computers in the network or them me. Any ideas welcome.

Bill
    how did you get wireless plz help me noemikryztal@hotmail.com

i have a sharp tripad pv6000 how do i get wireless what card do i get plz help me out im so lost noemikryztal@hotmail.com

Smile clio upgrade

Hi! I was cleaning up my basement and found my old clio.

I was wondering, what type of latest upgrade that is available? [in terms of memory, ram, etc]
    What is the max. it offers? I want to max. them up...

I wanted wireless connection too.. is it possible to have wireless connection for my clio c-1000? what type of card I should be looking for?

Is there any luck with linux too?

I have been reading all the post.. its answering my question to a certain point but not exactly answering it.

Is ScottOM's offer still valid?

I really want to upgrade its memory and speed + with wireless connections. for basic web surfing.. Any information that I could use?

Question adem Clio upgrade

I have a Clio C-1000, but the installed version of Internet Explorer will no work properly, so I need something newer. Any ideas please? I would also like to upgrade mine, and/or switch to Linux, so if anyone has any useful info, I would appreciate a note. I am using an Orinoco silver card for WiFi Internet access - no trouble.

Clio - Acrobat Reader

[QUOTE=the_cyman;136242]Hello,

I am sure you can get an ebook reader on the clio, though watch out. I used some adobe acrobat reaer and it alone took 5 MB of memory

My son in law gave me a Vadem Clio for Christmas. Considering it's 10 years its a neat unit. One thing missing was Adobe Acrobat. I found 3 different versions of Adobe Acrobat 1 which didn't work - even the one with a MIPS processor which is what the Clio had. I loaded it on PCMIA card and it kept telling me it wasn't a "valid Windows CE application."

Does anyone have any suggestions for finding a program to handle acrobat files ? Thanks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345