Help?? Need games??

Thread: Help?? Need games??

Angry Help?? Need games??

I am having a difficult time finding Mahjongg or any tile games to download on my NEC 780. I have gone to these sites that were listed in this forum (www.hpc.net/category.asp?ObjectID=25317; //perso.wanadoo.fr/mettavant/pdalociciels.htm; //wince.box.ru/russian/lan.htm#Telnet) and nothing will work. Is the NEC 780 a wrong choice to own?

I'd appreciate any and all feedback.

DZ91169

If you can find Microsoft Entertainment Pack for Windows CE V2.0 they has a really good version of Mahjongg and an other tile game included. Check eBay they have them listed every once and awhile. Also try these

Mobem Soft sells 2 different Majong games

http://www.mobem.com/download/index.php

ITIL - Try the Set Square Tile game - it's free

http://www.palmix.itil.com/newpalmix...setsq_home.htm

Talking Thank U!

Hi,

Thank U for the response! I will try them.

Joan

Hi,

The MobilePro 780 is a great little handheld for games! I will admit it takes a bit of work to find games that will work on the machine....until you get the hang of what to look for.

Here is my advise to help you more quickly aquire games for your machine:

1. Look for and download only MIPS versions of the games.
    2. Download only WinCE 2 or 2.11 versions of games.
    3. Most of the stuff out there for HPC will work on the 780.
    4. Try downloading MorphGear. It is an emulator for the Gameboy and NES. Then find ROMS for the emulator. ROMS are images of the games that you can load into your 780 and play with Morphgear.
    5. Dont give up looking. Games are out there.

I would do this: Go to Google and type in HPC games. Click on some of the sites google lists. You'll find games that work.

Good Luck,

Corey

P.S: Oh. Get yourself a CF Card to store your games, and other stuff on. You're gonna run out of room real fast without one. I bought a 256MB CF card at best buy for $49 or so. Its great! I have about 12 games, Morphgear with about 25 ROMS, 3 EBooks, and 15 MP3s on it and still have over 100GB left!

Talking Thank U!

Hi Corey,

Thanks for the advice! I will look for those games. Oh yeah, I know what you mean about the CF card. They are the greatest!

Joan

Speaking of morphgear,
    I couldnt' get it to work, It would load up the startup screen, I would try to load a rom, and it would freeze up. Kind of the way any version of DoomCE that I have downloaded does. I have a version of pocketDivx that works, and I had to copy a file gx.dll and I thought maybe that did it, but I renamed the gx.dll to something else and it still didn't work!
    I'm trying now to work with an emulator called Yamce I think. I'm having som eof the same issues with it thought.

-Sir_Dude

Hmmm.

I have not had a problem with Morphgear at all. It is a bit slow with certain games though.

I downloaded it, installed it normally and it ran from the get go. Now I will say that about 10 percent of the games didnt work for some reason. I just kept trying and got alot of the games to work.

Some of the GB games that work with MorphGear are:

Tetris DX
    Super Mario
    Ms. Pacman
    Donkey Kong
    Alladin
    4 in 1 gamepack.

There are more, but try these and see if Morphgear works okay.

Corey