My zire 31 won't turn on! Help =(

Thread: My zire 31 won't turn on! Help =(

My zire 31 won't turn on! Help =(

I tried to turn on my Zire 31 today, and it just won't turn on. I used it on Tuesday, and it worked fine. Also, I charged it on Monday night, and it was fine... I have no clue why it's not working. Anyone have any insight on this issue?

I tried to soft set and warm set, and nothing happened. I tried plugging it in and turning it on, but it won't turn on at all. I want to see if I can try something else before hard setting... =(

Have you tried plugging in the USB cable to see if it turns on from that? (which it normally should)

How long have you had your Zire 31?
    Professional Goofball

I've had my Zire for a little over at year. Everything works great till now. I'm not sure what happened... I'm curious if it has anything to do with the fact that it's not as well protected as before. Before two weeks ago, I had my zire in a hard case, but the lock mechanism broke off. I never replaced it because it worked fine and everything... so I'm not really sure what's causing the problem...

Maybe your power button is broken, try turning it on with one of the two applacation buttons....and I don't think that having it out of it's case would do this, I've been using only the whimpy little rubber flip cover for 3 months now and mines fine. I use it as an mp3 player everyday, in my pocket without problem as of thus far.

Angry my zire 31 died too

I purchased my Zire 31 approx. 5 months ago. The battery was probably at 65% or so right before it went dead. Now it will not turn on. I see someone else was frustrated with the 90 day warranty for a $ 129.00 device. I have not tried to use the USB cable yet - will try that tonight but I have a bad feeling about this........ I had been telling everyone how handy it was since I have so many tasks/appt to keep track of .. but now...arghhh...

Hello akpalm,

Paul from Palm here. I'll repost a response to an earlier, similar question here. You might try an In-Cradle reset, which is described here.
    This should reset the charging circuit. After performing this reset, let the Palm sit for about 15 minutes, and while AC is still connected, try to turn the device on. (If it still won't come on, try 3 - 5 soft resets in rapid succession and see if the unit will come on.) Then allow the device to charge for 3-4 hours before using.

Best

Paul
    Last edited by paul novotny; 12-27-2005 at 03:02 PM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Novotny
    paul.novotny@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/