Treo 750 and Outlook Calendar Sync

Thread: Treo 750 and Outlook Calendar Sync

Treo 750 and Outlook Calendar Sync

To me "synchronization" means just that. Items I enter into my Treo 750 Calendar should be added to my Outlook Calendar and items I enter into Outlook Calendar should be added to my PDA calendar application.

Instead, Outlook Calendar overwrites my PDA entries and they disappear with no hope of recovery.

The PDA is useless if I can't get these two calendar applications to work together instead of beating each other up!

I had no such trouble with my old Palm OS based PDA. I just set "synchronize" instead of PC overwrites or PDA overwrites and they just got along and I lost no events.

Now that I have windows on both devices and Active Sync, I can't find the place to configure this kind of setup.

Why does Windows always wreck my life???!!!

Disgusted!

What version of Activesync are you using? You should use the latest version 4.5 available at MS site.
    And there is a setting for conflict resolution on desktop Activesync, under Options -- Rules, you can choose which way you want the items to be overwrote or leave it unresolved.

Thanks!
    I am using the latest version of Active Sync 4.5. I combed those menus and don't remember any rules subheading of Options, but I will look again tomorrow. It's my work PC that's the culprit.

More later . . .

Here's what mine looks like:
    AS_screenie.png

As you can see, my "options" tab has no sub tabs and there are only 2 choices for conflicts.

here's the help about screen for version number:
    AS_screenie2.PNG

I don't see how I can get to your 1st screen, I open Activesync on the desktop, on the toolbar click Tools then Options I get to that screen I attached in earlier post, showing 3 tabs, the go to last tab, Rules and I have those 3 options to choose. You may want to re-download and reinstall Activesync.

I get there this way:
    AS_screenie3.gif

AS_screenie4.gif

The "Options" selection isn't grayed out when the PDA is attached and that leads to the first screen you referred to.

If I open the app from the desktop it looks the same as picture 3664.

I tried un-installing, downloading and re-installing. Still looks the same. Still only have option to overwrite device or overwrite PC, neither is true sync in my opinion.

Okay, here's the whole story. Sorry for the confusion.
    Previous version of WM allows manual conflict resolution. Treo 750 runs WM5 which no longer allows manual conflict resolution and default to replace the items on pda (you can change to the other way), the main reason is avoid presistent conflict which can lead to desktop Outlook error.

Having said that, this is still applied to when there is a "conflict" which means that the items must have been changed on "both" desktop and PDA and cannot be synced normally. Under normal situation, the items will just simply sync regularly.

Thanks for the clarification.
    No offense, but it seems to me the more Microsoft fixes something, the broker it gets.