Hi there

Thread: Hi there

Hi there

Wow it has been almost five years since I last turned on my Series7!!Cool to see all that stuff from university that I forgot about.
    And been to this website.
    I just recently ordered a netbook personality module. So in a couple of days I should have a 7Book.
    Can anybody tell me what the best type of Compactflash card is that I can get? Currently I'm using an old 30MB card but it is very slow. It takes about ten minutes to boot Frozen Bubble (Kudos to the guys who made this!) installed on my compact flash. I read the guide pscience5.net but my CFcard is still slow as hell. What are the best cards to get and what is the maxsize on CF?

I'm also learning C and i was wondering if I could get coding on my 7book with GCC? Is GNUPoc a good solution, it seems I would still need an official sdk

I heard symbian has been open sourced, is it possible to improve EPOC5 with parts of it?

For CF cards, cluster size can make a big speed difference. Try reformatting your CF (after backing up the contents) with a third party utility like Atelier's SmartFormat (available free in Pscience5's Lost and Found section, using a larger cluster size (it will result in more wasted space, but that shouldn't be as great a problem).

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    For CF cards, cluster size can make a big speed difference. Try reformatting your CF (after backing up the contents) with a third party utility like Atelier's SmartFormat (available free in Pscience5's Lost and Found section, using a larger cluster size (it will result in more wasted space, but that shouldn't be as great a problem).
    I already did that but the speed is still slow as hell!

I've a range of cards which all appear to be fine, so if you just go for pot luck on eBay or elsewhere you're likely to get a performance boost. My MC218 has a 2GB compact flash from play.com which has been working very well in that, my 5mx and occasionally in my S7 too.
    Damian Walker
    Gaming on Psion Handhelds - http://psigamer.cyningstan.org.uk/

Well , I just have to wait and see then, The speed of the card that I have now is unbelievebly slow. It takes two minutes to simply open up a file!

PS: Anybody can mail me the EPOC5 C++ SDK?

I use a 1GB Kingston and two 1GB Sandisk cards.
    They are good.
    Before I use RMRFile, but that program can't handle big cards.
    Now I Use ViewPlus that program can handle big cards MUCH better.
    So I'll recommend V+ as your new file filemanger.
    Regards,

Kees.

Hi I have a 4GB disc from HEMA (you know the shops. And have formated it in two partitions and the 7book can handle it perfectly know.

Hi highlandcattle,

see your PM box
    Regards,

Kees.